Thursday, February 26, 2009

Bracing for the Break

So, this semester has flown by. Spring break is a day away, which is both exciting and terrifying. That means a week of no school but the end of the semester is rapidly approaching.

So, trial memo one has been submitted and we are full force into trial memo two, which is a continuation of the first. Well, who are we kidding, we are not. I have another large stack of cases to read through and hope to come across the good cases at the beginning of my search rather than the end like last time.

My other two classes seem to be moving along - nothing exciting to report there, just lots of reading, note taking, and more reading.

So, on the home front, we are off to play in the snow bright and early Friday morning. Early meaning our flight leaves at 630am so we need to be up and out of the house by 4am. We are headed to Park City, Utah for my Spring Break for some much needed family time. Seeing as I never see my kids or my husband this will be a wonderful trip. Being that I don't make it home much before midnight ever and with my memo taking over my life this weekend, I have yet to pack, guess I won't be sleeping tomorrow. I also just discovered that the ski boots that I ordered for Kayden, don't fit. Lovely, where in South Florida can you find ski boots. No where, that's where. So, her little bitty toes are going to freeze until we get there and find her some new boots.

I honestly have a sinking feeling that something will be left behind. However, as long as it is something, and not someone, we are good. Yes, I have been replaying the Home Alone scene over and over in my head where they leave Kevin at home. I can picture Trenton now in survival mode and would actually feel sorry for those who crossed his path.

Either way, I have the most wonderful husband who already has come to understand my exhaustion and granted me some good quality sleeping time on the plane with no interruptions. Nice. So, despite the crazy busy day ahead of me at work and school tomorrow I will get us all packed to go at some point tomorrow night.

Mental note: don't forget to feed the fish.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments:

Post a Comment